At Creative Café, we can exchange our opinions with people in Yamagata City of Film
without concerning the differences in age, sex, and nationality.
The 27th Creative Café｜Screening of “Yamagata Tea Ceremony – Once in a Lifetime Encounters” at Seifuso (28 and 29 August)
A short documentary film “Yamagata Tea Ceremony – Once in a Lifetime Encounters”(2020 / 24 min / Dir: SATO Koichi) is the latest work from the Yamagata City of Film’s creative project “Yamagata Renaissance Project.” The project produces a series of films that will introduce the appeal of Yamagata’s traditional culture through new and contemporary eyes and offer young local film talent a chance to hone their skills. The film’s online first showing was held in June and we have been receiving good reviews; therefore, we will hold a 2-days screening event at Seifuso. (reservation only)
With the collaboration of different schools of tea, the tea culture of Yamagata City has succeeded in a unique development. The documentary film “Yamagata Tea Ceremony” conveys the passion of tea masters and the charms of tea culture in Yamagata City.
The program will be 50 minutes long, which includes the full movie (24 min) and two bonus footages: a talk session of the director, Mr. SATO Koichi, and the distinguished tea master of Urasenke school of tea ceremony, Mr. SHIGA Soshu (16 min) and Seifuso virtual tour (10 min). *Japanese only
There are probably many people who have the impression that the tea ceremony is complicated and requires strict manners. This film is a short documentary that interviews people who support Yamagata’s tea culture, telling you that “Tea culture isn’t difficult!”
I hope you will become interested in the tea culture of Yamagata and your region.
28 and 29 August 2020
① 10:00〜 ② 13:30〜 (Screens twice)
Seifuso（2-16-7 Higashihara, Yamagata City, Yamagata）
There are two parking lots on the south and the east side of the venue. The parking capacity is 15 on the south and 10 on the east. The road to reach the east side parking lot is very narrow so please drive carefully.
● A 3 minutes walk from Higashihara 3-chrome bus stop
● Take a 5 minutes tax ride from Yamagata Station to the venue
● Please apply on a first come, first served basis.（Each screening has a seating capacity of 15.）
*We stopped accepting applications because there is no more place available.
The admission is free but you will need to reserve the date and time. Please apply by e-mail below with your name, address, cellphone number, and your preferred date and time.
Phone ＋81-23-641-1212 （ext. 769）Culture Promotion Division, Yamagata City
！PREVENTION OF COVID-19 INFECTION！
● We will ask your body temperature at the check-in counter. Please check your body temperature before you come to the venue.
● Please wear a face mask and be aware of coughing manners.
● If an infected person is identified from the facility, it is necessary to provide information to the health center. Personal information is only used for purposes of preventing the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
● Please stay home if you have a fever or any kind of illness.
“Yamagata Tea Ceremony – Once in a Lifetime Encounters” Trailer
Organized by Yamagata Creative City Promotion Council (Culture Promotion Division, Yamagata City)
Please contact us for further details.