Yamagata Film School for Citizens × Outdoor Cinema 2020｜Movie Night at School Courtyard (5 September)
Yamagata City was designated to the UNESCO Creative City Network in the filed of Film in 2017. The city has been promoting “creative city” by implementing projects that utilize the power of film and creativity. As we all face the pandemic, we will provide the opportunity to experience an outdoor cinema at the school courtyard applying the new normal.
Title: Long Way North (French original title: Tout en haut du monde)
Director: Rémi Chayé / France, Denmark / 81 min / Japanese-dubbed
Memo: Recommended film by MEXT
1882, Saint Petersburg. Sacha, a young girl of the Russian aristocracy, has always been fascinated by the adventurous life of her grandfather, Oloukine. A renowned explorer and designer of a magnificent ship, the Davaï, he never came back from his final expedition to conquer the North Pole. Sacha decides to follow the footsteps of her grandfather to the Great North to find the famous ship.
Saturday, 5 September 2020
Yamagata Manabikan and the Courtyard of Yamagata Municipal Daiichi Elementary School (1-5-19 Honcho, Yamagata City）
* If it rains, it will be held at the gymnasium of the Yamagata Municipal Daiichi Elementary School.
● Please apply on a first come, first served basis.（Maximum seating capacity is 60.）
What to bring
● picnic rug (necessary) *please do not bring chairs.
● slippers or indoor shoes (if it rains)
The admission is free but you will need to reserve the seat online.
APPLY HERE *appears in Japanese（Deadline: Wednesday, 26 August 2020）
*We will close the application when the number of applicants reaches the maximum seating capacity.
If you have any questions or find difficulty with the application, please feel free to contact us.
！WE NEED YOUR COOPERATION TO PREVENT COVID-19 INFECTION！
● We will ask your body temperature at the check-in counter. Please check your body temperature before you come to the venue.
● Please wear a face mask and be aware of coughing manners.
● If an infected person is identified from the facility, it is necessary to provide information to the health center. Personal information is only used for purposes of preventing the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
● Please stay home if you have a fever or any kind of illness.
● To prevent heatstroke, please make sure to bring water to rehydrate yourself. You are not allowed to bring in your own food.
● If you will drive to the venue, please use the paid parking.
“Long Way North” Trailer
Organized by Yamagata Creative City Promotion Council (Culture Promotion Division, Yamagata City)
Please contact us for further details.
Organized by Yamagata City, Yamagata Creative City Promotion Council, Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival
Co-organized by Yamagata Municipal Board of Education
Supported by Yamagata Municipal Daiichi Elementary School Parent-Teacher Association
In cooperation with Yamagataken Eiga Center