The 25th Creative Café “KWAIDAN NIGHT SCHOOL” will be held on Friday, 13 Dec. 2019
Yamagata City of Film organizes a monthly event named Creative Café, where people in Yamagata can exchange opinions and get to know each other without concerning the differences in age, sex, and nationality.
There are two types of 2019 Creative Café:
- an event inviting a guest speaker from culture or film section to talk, discuss or do a workshop
- a screening to introduce works made in Yamagata City
🏫 The 25th Creative Café “KWAIDAN NIGHT SCHOOL”
Friday, 13 December 2019
18：30 〜 20：30
Book Cafe “Day & Books”（1st floor, Yamagata Manabikan）and the 3rd floor of Yamagata Manabikan
(1-5-19 Hon-cho, Yamagata City, Yamagata, JAPAN 990-0043)
- Take “Benichan bus” to “Honcho” bus stop and 3 minutes walk to the venue
- The Yamagata Manabikan Free Parking was closed due to road construction. Please use public transportations or public parking to reach the site.
- Please apply to participate in the event.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and email address. We will send you a confirmation email on first come, first served basis.
[Application Deadline: Friday, 6 December 2019]
ATTENTION TO PARTICIPANTS
- Because the 3rd floor of Yamagata Manabikan is still on the renovation process and has no heating equipment, please wear warm outfits that you can get dirty.
- The Yamagata Manabikan Free Parking was closed due to road construction. Please use public transportations or public parking to reach the site. (Community bus: Take “Benichan bus” to “Honcho” bus stop and 3 minutes walk to the venue.)
It is the first Creative Café event to collaborate with the Literature field.
“Kwaidan” is often referred to any ghost stories or horror stories, and carries the connotation of Japanese folk tales. For this time, we will invite a popular kwaidan writer, Mr. KUROKI Aruji, to talk kwaidan around Yamagata City and look back on the history of our city.
After his kwaidan, we will provide you a horror house style night tour of the 3rd floor of Yamagata Manabikan.
During the event period, Mr. Kuroki Aruji’s books will be available at Day & Books. We will also hold an autograph session for those who purchased.
Mr. KUROKI Aruji (Kwaidan Writer)
Organized by Yamagata Creative City Promotion Council (Culture Promotion Division, Yamagata City)
Please contact us for further details.