Yamagata Film School for Citizens × Outdoor Cinema 2020｜Movie Night under the Stars (21 August)
Yamagata City was designated to the UNESCO Creative City Network in the field of Film in 2017. The city has been promoting a creative city by implementing projects that utilize the power of film and creativity. As we all face the pandemic, we will provide the opportunity to experience an outdoor cinema at the school courtyard applying the new normal.
Saturday, 21 August 2021
Yamadera Basho Museum
※ If it rains, the venue will be changed to Yamadera Elementary and Junior High School so as the car parking.
We will announce the venue at 3 p.m. on the event day, on the official Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival website.
FILM TO BE SCREENED
（Directed by Tom Moore / 2014 / 93 min / Japanese-dubbed）
Song of the Sea tells the story of Ben and his little sister Saoirse – the last Seal-child – who embark on a fantastic journey across a fading world of ancient legend and magic in an attempt to return to their home by the sea. The film takes inspiration from the mythological Selkies of Irish folklore, who live as seals in the sea but become humans on land.
FREE *Please apply on a first come, first served basis. （Maximum seating capacity is 80.）
The admission is free but you will need to reserve the seat online.
PLEASE APPLY HERE *appears in Japanese（Deadline: 13 August 2020）
*We closed the application because the number of applicants reached the maximum seating capacity.
If you have any questions or find difficulty with the application, please feel free to contact us.
*Participants will be able to see the exhibition of Yamadera Basho Museum “Yokai Exhibition” for free!
WHAT TO BRING
* If it rains, please bring a picnic rug and slippers or indoor shoes.
WE NEED YOUR COOPERATION TO PREVENT COVID-19 INFECTION
- The reception will be at the entrance to the parking lot of Yamadera Basho Museum.
- If it rains, the reception will be changed to the entrance of Yamadera Elementary and Junior High School.
- We will ask your body temperature at the check-in counter. Please check your body temperature before you come to the venue.
- Please wear a face mask and be aware of coughing manners.
- If an infected person is identified from the facility, it is necessary to provide information to the health center. Personal information is only used for purposes of preventing the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
- Please stay home if you have a fever or any kind of illness.
- To prevent heatstroke, please make sure to bring water to rehydrate yourself. You are not allowed to bring in your own food.
- If you drive to the venue, the staff will guide you to the parking lot near the Yamadera Basho Museum.
- If it rains, the parking lot will be the Yamadera Elementary and Junior High School.
Yamagata City, Yamagata Creative City Promotion Council, Yamadera Basho Museum, and Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival
IN COOPERATION WITH
Yamadera Tourism Association and Yamadera Elementary and Junior High School
（Yamagata Internaitonal Documentary Film Festival office）